Why Should You Stay Up-To-Date With Olympus Windows Software?
Should you need support from an official Olympus audio dealer, or even Olympus themselves, one of the first questions you will be asked is what exact version of the software are you running. Currently, only ODMS R7 is supported by Olympus so if you are on an earlier version you will be asked to upgrade, more on this below.
It can’t be stressed enough, especially when dealing with confidential client/patient data, that cybersecurity is very high on the IT radar. Risks can be mitigated in a number of ways but an easy one is to stay up-to-date with the latest versions of the software released by Olympus. As ODMS R7 is the current supported version this mean ODMS R6 or DSS Player Pro R5 have had and will not have any more releases. ODMS R7 continues to receive regular updates which you should always apply.
What is Olympus ODMS for Windows?
The Olympus software for Windows, called ODMS (Olympus Dictation Management System) is currently at version R7. At release 5 the software was called DSS Player Pro and changed to the ODMS name at release 6. The software comes in two distinct modules:
- Dictation Module – Supplied with the digital dictaphones
- Transcription Module – Supplied with the digital transcription kits and can be used with the USB foot pedals for transcription typing
The module that you install is defined by the licence key that you own. When you purchase an Olympus dictation or transcription kit part of the box contents is your own, unique, software licence key, one for Windows and another for macOS. Your Windows licence key determines the module that is installed;
- If your licence key starts with the letters RD7 you have an ODMS R7 Dictation Module licence key for Windows
- If your licence key starts with the letters RT7 you have an ODMS R7 Transcription Module licence key for Windows
The Olympus ODMS R7 software for Windows is free to download, you need a licence key to install the module that you own a licence for. Download the latest version of ODMS R7 from here: dictat.es/r7
How Can I Upgrade To Olympus ODMS R7?
Older licence keys can also be determined using this method. The third character of the licence key determines your licence version of the software. This is important if you are considering upgrading your software to the latest supported version. If you have an older Olympus licence key;
- If your licence key starts with the letters RD5 * or RD6, your Dictation Module can be upgraded to ODMS R7 with part Olympus AS-9003
- If your licence key starts with the letters RT5 * or RT6, your Transcription Module can be upgraded to ODMS R7 with part Olympus AS-9004
*Note .. DSS Player Pro R5 (licences starting RD5 or RD6) is not Windows 10 compatible.
We sell the upgrade licence keys online, once your order has been processed you will automatically be emailed your upgrade licence key.
For a step-by-step guide on how to install the upgrade licence we include a short how-to video on the page with the upgrade licence or if you are not sure please get in contact with us, happy to help with questions or advice.