A new firmware update has been released for the Olympus top of the range wi-fi enabled digital dictaphone the Olympus DS-9500.
The firmware update can be applied to the device using an update program either from a Windows PC or a Mac (although macOS 10.15 Catalina is not supported in this updater).
It is important to keep your Olympus DS-9500 up-to-date with firmware to benefit from the latest bug fixes and enhancements.
In this firmware update, the following has been addressed:
- Fixed an issue that occurs when connecting to enterprise Wi-Fi environments.
- Common causes of device freezing have been corrected.
- Improved the device charging specifications.
- a. Enabled to charge via USB even when the device is PIN Locked.
- b. Support recharge from Battery Low via USB AC.
- c. Deleted the confirmation screen “Charge battery?” when charging via USB AC.
- d. Improved stability when charging from a certain PC.
- Made it possible to stop and resume recording in MP3 format with Type B and Type C slide switch modes.
- Fixed the issue that the REW function may not operate at the end of a file.
To update your Olympus DS-9500 firmware to this latest version please download the appropriate firmware update tool for your computer, Windows or Mac:
It is important that your Olympus DS 9500 is fully charged and docked while applying the firmware update.